Our hope is to explore the relationship between geographical boundaries and creativity.
On March 18, 2018, musician and songwriter, Aimee Bobruk, will ride her motorcycle along the Texas/Mexico border on a 1,254-mile, nine-day journey. Each day will be documented through film, sound recordings, photography, and interviews. Two filmmakers will follow to create a documentary film. Impressions from the border will be gathered in an online archive and presented along with the film at community event(s) in 2018--and, with your help, beyond.
What WE Hope to Achieve
- Foster awareness of a geographical boundary, the Texas/Mexico border, and its influence on the people and art.
- Capture dialogues between border landers about how living on the border influences their lives and perspectives.
- Unite and educate communities through art.
- Produce artworks that embody themes of a specific landscape and the inhabitants thereof.
- Create an archive of digital media that will present a snapshot of the region to viewers worldwide.
- Stage event(s) on a state, national and international platform that showcase the artworks.